Another Side ^^/ ^^ 岸

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Trips

Because of the project work, I've been done quite a few trips to Oulu and Rovaniemi. I should say travelling by car is not the nicest thing to do in this period of time. It was dark two weeks ago without snow. Then snow did fall and stay, but rising temperature made most of the snow melt. Road becomes extremely slippery.

We hit the road to Rovaniemi around 8 am yesterday. I was travelling together with a team member by car. She seems to be the most careful driver that I have ever known. She kept the speed at 70 km/hour all the way from Kemi to Rovaniemi. To my understanding, it takes a person to "fly" with the car, and it also takes a person to drive slowly continously. Don't get me wrong, I am glad to be on a safe trip in so awful weather and road conditions. I just assume that she was too careful. A number of cars and trucks passed us by. They had to since we were kind of in the middle of the way. :D She commented 'Safety is always No.1 piority, even that means we will arrive late!' I was kinda afraid we might get a ticket for driving too slow.

It turned out that we arrived at the meeintg just on time. Two-hour driving went 'smoothly' indeed. Two-hour sitting in car was uncomfortable though. The moment I stepped out of the car, breathed the cold air and stood on the thicker snow, I felt actually quite good.

9 Comments:

  • Nice and thoughtful blog.

    By Anonymous sycamore, at 3:21 PM GMT+3  

  • Was it you in the red shirt? ;)

    By Blogger Dragonfly, at 9:45 PM GMT+3  

  • My name is Carri. I'm a screenwriter in Los Angeles, California doing research for a TV program on the sleeping habits of children all over the world, ages 6 to 12. I'd like to include children from Finland. I'm wondering if you could help me. I'm specifically look-ing for where children sleep (In the same bedroom with other siblings? What do their rooms look like? What are their bedtime rituals? Do they sleep with extra blankets in the summer because it’s still chilly up there? Must they close the curtains at night to keep the midnight sun from waking them up? What do they dream about? Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction and provide some colorful anecdotes? This is meant to be a sweet piece on children, for children.
    Please email me at ckaruhn@msn.com.
    thank you.

    By Anonymous carri, at 3:20 AM GMT+3  

  • 今天是華人農曆冬至,愿你冬至平安及快樂,記得吃湯圓喔!

    By Blogger 小濟, at 1:33 PM GMT+2  

  • Hi,

    please put a link on your blog to my blog:

    http://fictional-characters-2.blogspot.com

    thanks

    By Blogger Alexandra Pereira, at 3:10 AM GMT+2  

  • Hi I'm looking to build up my incoming links for my blog.
    Would you like to exchange blogroll links with me?
    If yes, please visit: http://bigmoneylist.blogspot.com/
    and leave your URL for your blog there. I'll link to you within hours. Thanks.

    By Blogger MichaelW, at 5:29 PM GMT+3  

  • My name is Adam and I study in the University of Warsaw.I need to confirm that your blog is very impressing. I can find a lot of information about finnish peoples' habits and customs. I claim that your country is fascinating, interesting and friendly for foreigners. My father was in Finland 3 years ago and he falt in love with it. Maybey next year I will visit your wonderful country exactly Rovaniemi.
    Best reguards,
    Adam Dudzik

    By Blogger Adam Dudzik, at 11:40 PM GMT+3  

  • hi great blog and it's the change to other tell me the some blog tips i'm new and check out my blog and plz tell me

    By Anonymous sunny, at 6:55 AM GMT+3  

  • I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along.I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    Please don't forget to visit My Blog
    Best Android
    KitKat Launcher
    Big Launcher
    Anti Virus Apk
    YouTube Downloader Pro Apk
    MyniLyrics For Android
    http://tamboenman.blogspot.com
    http://tamboenman.blogspot.com/2014/08/cara-terbaru-share-postingan-blog.html
    http://tamboenman.blogspot.com/2014/08/superoneclick-v233-apk.html
    http://tamboenman.blogspot.com/2014/08/idm-internet-download-manager-v10-apk.html
    http://tamboenman.blogspot.com/2014/08/androvid-pro-video-editor-v247-apk.html
    Thankyou ;)

    By Blogger Kezya Wulandari, at 1:46 PM GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home