Another Side ^^/ ^^ 岸

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Be famous

From our local paper Lounais-Lappi I read that Tuija Ruokonen from this city would be in semi-final of Suomen Neito 2005. After quick check on net, I understood that she dropped out on last Thursday so didn't make to tomorrow's final. Some unrealisc photos of final 12.

I neither watch nor take any interest in Miss Finland. I think it's just silly and all of them look silly in those clothes and make-ups. I know Tuija Ruokonen in real life. Well actually she was in the same group as me but later she transfered to another study group after I joined the group just few weeks earlier. Therefore I didn't get the chance to really get to know her or anything like that.

I was surprised, I mean iso tyttö like(180cm/64kg, we joked like that) her taking part in beauty competition? Then I soon knew I just had a sterotyped opinion. Actually she was in Lounais-Lappi Neito 2000 (local beauty contest) and it seems that any girls can play the game as long as you are relatively tall and feel confident at yourself.

Celebraties,the rich and the beautiful are not so big thing, although they are the center of gossip magazine 24-h a day, 260 days a year. Same as anywhere else. I don't know if the audience of Miss Suomi are mainly teens and young girls, or does it include some men too? Well not my interest anyway.


Oh then there's some boy from this area going to be in Idol contest of Northern Finland? Like Antti Tuisku has really waken up the desire of realizing own dreams in Lappish boys or something...

2 Comments:

  • Yep, she´s a tall girl. The apple doesn´t fall far from the tree. *grins*

    By Blogger Dragonfly, at 2:45 PM GMT+3  

  • You have to be tall girl that you can take part of Miss Finland. 180 is not too tall because miss world competition is girls who are 186 cm tall. And if Tuija Ruokonen weight is 64 kg that is normal because she is tall. She might be even short weihgt. I don´t know when you are met she last time, because I saw her 3 weeks ago and she is thin.
    Of course envious people make jokes other people, but this world is not nothin new.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:00 PM GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home